CUHK Economics Summer Camp 2020
The Department of Economics of CUHK will organize a summer camp on Zoom for prospective PhD and MPhil students from July 13 to July 14, 2020. It gives an unique opportunity for high calibre candidates to intensively experience the prospect of pursuing PhD and MPhil studies and interact with our faculty members on an one-to-one basis. It is also a special channel for us to further your research interests and potentials. Outstanding participants will be specifically considered by the Department for the 2021/22 PhD or MPhil programme.
Applicants should submit applications through the online application form by HKT 5:00pm of June 10, 2020 (Wed). No application fee would be charged. Late applications will not be considered. Invitations will be sent out to selected students in late June. Unsuccessful applicants would not be informed individually.
The recruitment camp is mainly targeted for:
- current undergraduate/ postgraduate students who would be graduating by summer 2021;
- bachelor/ master degree holders who plan to apply for the 2021/22 PhD and/or MPhil programme
- A cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above out of 4.0 or equivalent; OR
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA between 3.3 to 3.59 out of 4.0 can also apply but have to demonstrate excellent research potential by a strong recommendation letter
Preference would be given to prospective PhD students. Special consideration will be given to applicants with academic publication(s) in English and/or paper presentation(s) in international conference(s).
- Applicants are required to complete the online application form and upload the following documents* in the following order to support their application:
- Academic transcript(s) and graduation certificate(s) of undergraduate and postgraduate studies (if applicable)
- Score report(s) of TOEFL/ IELTS (Strongly recommended for applicants who do not have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country)
- Personal statement including research ideas and experience, and future planning for a research career written in English (Word limit: 1000 words)
- Abstract of conference presentations or publications (if any)
- A copy of Hong Kong Identity Card for local applicants or Passport/ID document for non-local applicants
*Please combine all the required documents into one PDF file before uploading and name the file with your English name (Size limit: 20MB)
- For applicants who plan to submit a recommendation letter written by your referee to support your application, please inform your referee to send the confidential recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org directly by quoting of your application number on or before HKT 11:59pm of June 10, 2020 (Wed). (Required for applicants who have a cumulative GPA below 3.6 out of 4.0; Optional for other applicants).
Programme Schedule (Tentative)
July 13, 2020 (Mon)
Opening Ceremony; Academic Talk(s)/Seminar(s); Students' Presentations
July 14, 2020 (Tue)
Written Exam; Meeting with Faculty members and our PhD students; Closing Ceremony
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: (852) 3943-8191