The Department of Economics of CUHK will organize a recruitment camp via Zoom for prospective PhD students from June 16 to 17, 2023. It gives an unique opportunity for high calibre candidates to intensively experience the prospect of pursuing PhD studies and interact with our faculty members on an one-to-one basis. It is also a special channel for us to further your research interests and potentials. Outstanding participants will be specifically considered by the Department for an early admission to our 2024/25 PhD programme.
Applicants should submit applications through the online application system by HKT 1:00pm of May 2, 2023 (Tue). No application fee would be charged. Late applications will not be considered. Invitations will be sent out to shortlisted candidates by May 24, 2023 (Wed). Unsuccessful applicants would not be informed individually.
The recruitment camp is mainly targeted for:
- current undergraduate/ postgraduate students who would be graduating by July 2024;
- bachelor/ master degree holders who plan to apply for the 2024/25 PhD programme
- A cumulative GPA of 3.3 or above out of 4.0 or equivalent;
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with academic publication(s) in English and/or paper presentation(s) in international conference(s).
- Applicants are required to complete the online application form and upload the following documents* in the following order to support their application:
- Academic transcript(s) and graduation certificate(s) of undergraduate and postgraduate studies (if applicable)
- Score report(s) of TOEFL/ IELTS (Optional)
- Personal statement including research ideas and experience, and future planning for a research career written in English (Word limit: 1000 words)
- Abstract of conference presentation(s) or publication(s) (if any)
- Certificate(s) of scholarship(s) and award(s) (if any)
- A copy of Hong Kong Identity Card for local applicants or Passport/ID document for non-local applicants
*Please combine item 1 to item 6 mentioned above into one PDF file for upload and name the file in the format "your English name_Supporting" . (Size limit: 20MB)
*For item 7, please name the file in the format "your English name_ID Copy" or "your English name_Passport Copy" and upload it as a separate file in the online system. (Size limit: 5MB)
- Applicants are required to submit a recommendation letter written by their referee to support their applications. Please inform your referee to send the confidential recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org directly by quoting your application number on or before HKT 1:00pm of May 5, 2023 (Fri).
Programme Schedule (Tentative)
June 16, 2023 (Fri)
Opening Ceremony; Academic Talk(s)/Seminar(s); Students' Presentations
June 17, 2023 (Sat)
Written Exam; Meeting with Faculty members and our PhD students; Closing Ceremony
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: (852) 3943-8191